Red Rooster respects and upholds your right to privacy protection under the Privacy Act 1988 as amended by the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 (“PRIVACY ACT”) and any similar state or territory legislation applicable to Red Rooster’s operations.
- Purpose of this Policy
- The policy
- PURPOSE OF THIS POLICY
This policy describes how Red Rooster (and its related entities) manages any personal information about you that it (and its related entities) may collect and hold. This is set out in a question and answer format.
- THE POLICY
WHAT KINDS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT ME DOES RED ROOSTER COLLECT AND HOLD?
Red Rooster (and its related entities) may collect and hold the following kinds of personal information about you:
- Name, address, birthday, age, telephone number and email address.
- Employment records
- Medical history
- Transaction details associated with your purchases from Red Rooster including credit card details, the products you have ordered, your delivery address and preferred delivery location.
- The device you use including the hardware model, operating system, preferred language, unique device identifier and network.
- Any information you provided to Red Rooster through loyalty programs, customer surveys, or when you place an order in store.
- Details of your use of Red Rooster’s website and/or App including your server address, domain name, type of browser, date and time of your visit and pages accessed.
- Any additional information provided to Red Rooster, its related entities and/or its service and/or support centre.
- Location information – if you permit an App to access location services through the permission system in your electronic device we may ascertain the location of your mobile device
HOW DOES RED ROOSTER COLLECT AND HOLD PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT ME?
Red Rooster (and its related entities) may collect personal information about you when you purchase goods and services from Red Rooster (or its related entities), when you contact Red Rooster (or its related entities) with an enquiry, when you submit an employment, supplier, franchise or licence application, through Red Rooster’s website or social media platform, when you commence employment, when you enter a competition or other promotion, when you join our loyalty program or our mailing list or complete a customer survey or when you have any similar dealings with Red Rooster (or its related entities).
Red Rooster may hold personal information about you electronically and in hard copy records (including but not limited to email or SMS databases, and cloud backups of emails and other communications with you).
Red Rooster takes all steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to destroy or de-identify personal information that it no longer needs and is not required by law to retain.
Red Rooster takes all steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to protect personal information that it holds from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
If a substantial data breach has or may have occurred (for example your personal information was shared with unauthorised persons) we will notify you as soon as is practicable and the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner about that actual or possible breach.
FOR WHAT PURPOSES DOES RED ROOSTER COLLECT, HOLD, USE AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT ME?
Red Rooster may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information about you for the following purposes:
- To assist in providing goods and services to you (for example to assist in delivering an online order or sending you alerts such as the location of your nearest restaurant)
- For employment and franchising purposes.
- To communicate promotional offers and special events.
- For Red Rooster’s internal administrative, marketing, planning, product development and research requirements
- To assist with any calls you make to Red Rooster or its service and/or support centre.
- For any purpose made known to you at the time of collection of your personal information.
- To allow you to use and enjoy the functionality of Red Rooster’s websites and applications
- In order to contact you with direct marketing materials and personalised communications via any medium including mail, telephone, mobile and tablet applications, and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Message Service), IM (Instant Messaging) and email) or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel whether existing now or in the future
- To administer and improve a Red Rooster Website or Application for your use.
- To provide, maintain and improve our products and services.
- To customise a Red Rooster Website or Application based on your preferences.
- To compile and analyse statistics and trends.
- To provide you with relevant direct marketing materials when you use a Red Rooster Website or Application or those of a third party.
- To judge competitions and fulfil prizes.
Red Rooster will not disclose personal information about you to any person except on a confidential basis to agents, advisers and suppliers that Red Rooster uses in the ordinary operation of Red Rooster’s business, such as for data processing, printing or mailing or as required by law.
If at any time you provide the personal information of another person to Red Rooster then you must ensure that that person has read and understood this policy and separately consents to that personal information being collected and held by Red Rooster for the above purposes.
At any time you may opt out of receiving any communications from Red Rooster (other than as required for the operation of Red Rooster’s business, e.g. regarding payment of your account) by contacting the relevant person referred to under the heading “Miscellaneous” in writing or in the case of the Red Rooster loyalty programme by following the prompts on the App or updating your details at http://www.redrooster.com.au/redroyalty.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
For the purposes described above, your information may be shared with Red Rooster’s franchisees, subsidiaries and related bodies corporate, promotional partners, professional service providers and other trusted third parties (and their directors, servants and agents) either in Australia or overseas.
We also use your IP address to help diagnose any problems with our server and administer our website. Your IP address is used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information about you.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
We may offer links to websites that are operated by third parties. If you visit one of these linked websites, you should review their privacy and other policies. We are not responsible for the policies and practices of third parties.
Red Rooster and its franchisees do not store any credit card details for in-restaurant orders.
Internet orders can be paid by cash on delivery or by an accepted credit card (which may be required to be presented upon receipt of your order). Your credit card details are required to process payment on the internet order system however the full details are not saved once the order is processed. The credit card details we hold are: the name on the card, expiry date and the masked version of the credit card (ie first 6 digits and last 4 digits).
You may have the ability to save your preferred payment method for our online ordering.
HOW CAN I ACCESS AND/OR SEEK THE CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT ME THAT RED ROOSTER HOLDS?
You may request access to personal information Red Rooster holds about you by writing to the relevant person referred to under the heading “Miscellaneous”. Where Red Rooster holds information that you are entitled to access, Red Rooster will endeavour to provide you with a suitable range of choices as to how you access it (eg. emailing or mailing it to you).
If you believe that personal information Red Rooster holds about you is incorrect, incomplete, out of date, irrelevant, misleading or inaccurate, then you may request that Red Rooster correct it. If Red Rooster is satisfied that the information requires correction, it will take such steps (if any) as are reasonable in the circumstances to correct such information having regard to the purpose for which the information is held. If requested by you, Red Rooster will also notify any other entity that Red Rooster has disclosed that information to, that the information has been corrected. If Red Rooster refuses to correct the information as requested by you, then Red Rooster will give you a written notice which sets out the reasons for the refusal (except to the extent that it would be unreasonable to do so), the mechanisms available to complain about the refusal and any other matter proscribed by the Privacy Act.
HOW CAN I COMPLAIN ABOUT A BREACH OF THE PRIVACY ACT AND HOW WILL RED ROOSTER DEAL WITH SUCH A COMPLAINT?
If you consider that Red Rooster has breached the Privacy Act, you may complain to Red Rooster by writing to the relevant person referred to under the heading “Miscellaneous” within six months of the date of the alleged breach. You must specify full details of the alleged breach. Red Rooster’s Privacy Officer will investigate the complaint and advise you in writing of the outcome of the investigation within 60 days of receipt of the complaint. If Red Rooster has breached the Privacy Act, it will endeavour to rectify the breach in an appropriate manner.
IS RED ROOSTER LIKELY TO DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT ME TO OVERSEAS RECIPIENTS? IF SO, WHICH COUNTRIES ARE THOSE RECIPIENTS LIKELY TO BE LOCATED IN?
Red Rooster may disclose personal information about you to overseas recipients [for e.g. data storage/processing/marketing] however it is not practicable to specify the countries those overseas recipients are likely to be located in.
- In this policy “personal information” has the same meaning as under the Privacy Act.
- References to Red Rooster are to Red Rooster Foods Pty Ltd ABN 51 008 754 096.
- Any questions or complaints about this policy or the management of any personal information about you by Red Rooster should be made in writing to the address below.
- For more details regarding the collection of personal information by Red Rooster see Red Rooster’s Privacy Collection Notice available at https://www.redrooster.com.au/red-rooster-privacy-collection-notice-v1/
IF THE QUERY RELATES TO A CUSTOMER:
Group Legal Assistant
Level 2, 71 Walters Drive,
Osborne Park WA 6071
08 9240 9777
FOR ALL OTHER QUERIES:
Head of Human Resources
12 / 12 Help Street,
Chatswood, NSW 2067
02 8905 8400
This policy represents Red Rooster’s policy as at 12 October 2018. Red Rooster may change this policy from time to time by updating the policy that appears on its website and/or App.