VIETNAMESE CHICKEN CABBAGE SALAD
Cooking Time: | Serves:
• 1/2 Red Rooster Whole Roast Chicken
• 100g shredded cabbage
• 1/2 small onion (optional)
• 2 tablespoons lime juice
• 2 tablespoons fish sauce
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• Roasted peanuts to garnish
• Microwavable rice crackers (optional – available at most Asian Grocery Store)
• 2 tablespoons Vietnamese mint (This can be swapped out for standard mint)
STEP 1 Take the chicken off the bone and shred it. Thinly slice the cabbage, the onion (if you are using it) and the mint and place this all in a bowl
STEP 2 Mix together the lime juice, fish sauce, sugar and black pepper in a bowl. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
STEP 3 Microwave the rice crackers according to the instructions on the packet.
STEP 4 Add the dressing to the salad and toss it together. Serve the salad into individual bowls, sprinkle on some roasted peanuts and put the rice crackers on the site.
*Helpful hint: If you want a bit of extra colour, add in some grated carrot