SUMMER CHICKEN SALAD
Cooking Time: | Serves:
For those looking for something light and fresh to eat without having to slave away over a hot stove.
• ½ a Red Rooster Garlic Soy glazed chicken, shredded into small pieces
• 1 serve Red Rooster corn on the cob
• 1 medium sized mango, cubed
• 1 medium sized avocado, cubed
• 1 large salad bowl’s worth baby spinach leaves (about 9 cups)
• ½ cup honey-roasted macadamias
• 1 tablespoon Red Rooster Garlic Soy glaze
• ¼ cup Extra virgin olive oil
• ½ teaspoon soy sauce
• ½ small clove garlic, crushed
Step 1 Remove the soy glazed chicken in pieces and set aside. Include the skin for maximum flavour.
Step 2 Chop both the mango and the avocado into cubes. Set aside.
Step 3 Remove the corn from the cob and set aside.
Step 4 In a large salad bowl, layer spinach leaves, mango, avocado, chicken, corn and nuts and repeat until all ingredients have been used.
Step 5 To make the dressing, whisk all ingredients together.
Step 6 To serve, choose the option of lightly spraying the whole salad with extra virgin olive oil or allowing guests to drizzle the custom dressing over their individual serve.
♥ Thanks to Phoodie for this creation. Click here for the original recipe idea
or you can check out her food bonanza out through the icons below. ♥