ROAST CHICKEN WITH PINEAPPLE AND COCONUT SALSA WITH TOMATO AND BOCCONCINI SALAD
Cooking Time: | Serves:
Dress your salad to impress with this fantastically colourful salad. With a dish like this on your table, you could be in the Amalfi Coast or St Tropez!
1 Whole Red Rooster Roast Chicken cut into 8 pieces
PINEAPPLE AND COCONUT SALSA
• 2 tablespoons coconut-flavoured white rum
• 2 teaspoons caster sugar
• Juice and finely grated zest of 1 lime
• ½ sweet pineapple, peeled, cut into elongated triangles
• 1 long red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
• ½ bunch mint, leaves chopped
• ½ cup shredded coconut, toasted
TOMATO AND BOCCONCINI SALAD
• 400g tomato medley mix
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
• 200g marinated cherry bocconcini
• 1 bunch basil, leaves picked
• 100g basil pesto
• 80g pine nuts, toasted
• Extra basil leaves, to serve
STEP 1 To make the salad, halve any larger tomatoes and combine all the tomatoes in a large bowl.
STEP 2 Drain bocconcini, reserving ¼ cup of the oil. Add the bocconcini, reserved oil and basil to the tomatoes. Toss gently to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
STEP 3 Smear pesto on a serving platter and top with the tomato mixture, scatter over pine nuts and top with the extra basil.
STEP 4 To make the salsa, combine the rum, sugar, lime zest and juice in a large bowl. Add in the pineapple, chilli, mint and ½ the coconut. Gently toss to combine the ingredients.
STEP 5 Warm the chicken and put it on a serving platter. Spoon the pineapple and coconut salsa on top, then sprinkle on the remaining shredded coconut. Serve with tomato and bocconcini salad.