CHICKEN SUSHI SANDWICHES
Cooking Time: | Serves:
A new way of putting together the age-old sandwich with Red Rooster’s tenderly roasted Chicken. A popular treat for friends and family!
• ¼ Red Rooster Roast Chicken, finely chopped
• 2 tablespoon whole-egg mayonnaise
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
• 6 large slices white bread, crusts removed
• 6 teaspoons cream cheese
• ¼ cup semi-dried tomatoes, drained, chopped
• ¼ avocado, thinly sliced
• 20g baby rocket leaves, finely chopped
• 6 thin slices prosciutto, halved lengthways
STEP 1 Put the chicken and mayonnaise in a bowl and season with some salt and pepper. Stir until it’s well combined.
STEP 2 Use a rolling pin to flatten the bread to the edges, then trim off the edges. Spread 1 side of each slice with the cream cheese, spreading all the way to the edge.
STEP 3 Arrange the tomato, avocado, rocket and chicken mixture in rows along one half of each slice.
STEP 4 Roll up bread slices nice and tightly, starting at the filled ends, to enclose the filling. Wrap each roll with 2 pieces of prosciutto to cover completely. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes to help then set.
STEP 5 Use a sharp serrated knife to trim the edges and cut each roll into 3 equal pieces and serve.